Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Back to work, back to blogging

Well it has been over a month since my last update and a lot has happened since then. First of all I finally got a full time job! I started work last Monday and what a great time to start. I loved getting paid for my days off over the long weekend. My dad and my sister came to visit which was really nice. Then my friend Jason came over to Sydney over Easter and Sara and I got to attempt to show our knowledge of this city and did so poorly. The NBA and NHL playoffs are well under way and the MLB season has started. We still haven't got a place of our own yet but that will come soon I'm sure.

So life is good, well besides two minor gripes. First Sydney needs to lift it's game. It's so ridiculous. No one here excepts card and if they do there is a minimum spend or a surcharge. The other day I even got charged 20 cents for using my savings account.

The other is the AFL. There just isn't any. It's never on and if you can find it in a pub there is never any sound. For a city that actually has a pretty decent team it's a little disappointing. I knew it would be bad coming in but it's worse than I thought.

Anyway so they are very minors things and I'm sure in time I will either get over them or get so fed up that I will move to Melbourne, so only time will tell. Hope everyone is well and I'll be in touch soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment